What can I do if I am under investigation for a criminal offense?

In the event that you are contacted by police who are pursuing an investigation into a criminal offense, or if you have any other reason to believe that you may be under investigation, you must remember that you may exercise your right to remain silent. The moment after you are aware that you are under investigation, you should consider retaining legal representation to help you protect your rights should you choose to interact with law enforcement in any capacity. Once you have legal representation, your attorney can act as a mediator between yourself and the police.

If you have been contacted by law enforcement, you should consult with a Westchester criminal defense attorney at Portale Randazzo LLP, before you meet or speak with anyone representing the police. To speak with a criminal defense attorney in Westchester about the particulars of your situation, please call our Westchester offices at (914) 292-3557 today.