James A. Randazzo has been practicing law for over 25 years. He began his career as an Assistant District Attorney in Westchester County from 1989 through 1995, where he tried more than 30 cases to verdict.
As a seasoned litigator, Mr. Randazzo has extensive experience in defending municipal civil rights and tort actions and related civil proceedings, from pre-pleading stage investigation and intervention through final appellate review of trial court verdicts.
Schedule your initial consult with Portale Randazzo LLP. Contact us.
Mr. Randazzo has been lead counsel in numerous civil court matters both in New York State Supreme Courts as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, including over 40 jury trials, and has successfully argued in the State Appellate Courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Since 1995, Mr. Randazzo has provided a wide variety of legal advice and services to over 50 municipalities and school districts. Mr. Randazzo’s knowledge and expertise span various areas of municipal law, including general liability, public official liability (wrongful arrests, malicious prosecution, excessive force and other civil rights violations), “Dram Shop” issues, premises liability, vehicular liability, issues related to the design, construction and maintenance of public roads, and labor and employment law.
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
- Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Labor and Employment Section
- Municipal Law Section
- Criminal Justice Section
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Columbian Lawyers Association
- American Academy of Attorneys - Top 100, Civil Litigation - for 2020
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers - Litigator of the Year, Civil Litigation - for 2019
- Lawyers of Distinction - Recognizing Excellence in Civil Litigation - for 2020
- Lawyers of Distinction - Recognizing Excellence in Civil Litigation - for 2019
Ready to Get Started on Your Case? Contact Mr. Randazzo Today to Get Started!